When I saw a card Sharon Burkett made with the Rooted in Nature stamp set I had to case it! I made a bunch for my June swap with my Team this weekend.
You may know how much I love creating scenes with sponging; if you don't you do now! I absolutely love the way sponging highlights a stamped image!
Step by step:
- On my 2 7/8" White circle I stamped the tree from Rooted in Nature with Versamark ink and embossed it with Black embossing powder.
- Then I sponged Crushed Curry ink on the lower half. Next I added Calypso Coral sponging on the sides and a little on the upper area.
- Finish it off with just a little bit of Rich Razzleberry ink. TIP: Remember when you sponge to always start off of your card stock and slowly work your way onto it. This way you will not get that dark sponge mark when you want smooth ink.
4. I used my new Big Shot embossing mat to add texture to the upper right and lower left area using the leaf thinlit in the bundle.
5. I also stamped and die cut a few leaves to add.
6. The greeting is also heat embossed with Black embossing powder.
7. Fresh Fig is the card stock here and the measurements are 4 1/4" X 11", scored in half. The stamped & embossed layer is 4" X 5 1/4"
You can see the products I used below.