Oh; you're going to love this project tutorial! It's pretty, easy and actually fun to make too.
1. First you need to print and cut out this template. Butterfly Template .
2. Next you will score every 1/4" on a piece of designer series paper to fit the template (4 1/2" X 7 1/2" minimum size). She says it's best to score a whole strip or piece of paper before you cut out the template. This way your scoring tool doesn't catch the actual edges of your butterfly piece.
3. Trace the template onto your scored paper.
5. Fan-fold your paper as shown above. I used our Patterned Prints In Color here.
6. Drop a bit of Tombo Multipurpose glue between each fold on the front and the back.
7. Pinch the pleats together in the center, forming your butterfly shape. Wrap a rubber band around the center of it. Let dry an hour or so.
8. Embellish as desired. Try pretty brads, pearls, buttons, etc. Don't forget to add something to the back side indicating it's use. Magnet, pin-backs, hair clip, head band and whatever else you can think of.
Thanks for stopping in today! I hope you make one of more of these to share.