Wait 'til you see this! I am bursting with pride and so thrilled to display this in my studio!
Isn't it amazing?!!! This was one of my Meeting swaps last weekend. We each designed a square and made multiples for everyone who joined in. This has become a favorite swap in my group. Next month is a fall themed and after that Christmas. It's so fun!
The neat part is we only need one or two 12" frames to display these; one Black and one White. Then we just change it up for each season.
Details: Each square is 2 1/4" at the largest. I asked that this layer be anything but Black so we could layer it onto Black cardstock. That large piece is 8" square and the Motley Monsters striped desnger paper layer is 8 1/2" square. I added a few thin strips of Black card stock on the corners for a little added detail.
One of mine was this adorable punch art Owl that I cased from my talented friend Diana Gibbs.
Here are the pieces involved.
I used the following punches:
- Owl Builder - Bermuda Bay body, Black ears/mask, feet & buttons, Tangerine Tango for the belly, Crushed Curry eyes in two sizes. I used a scissors to cut notches in the ears/mask.
- Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack - star for beak
- Spiral Border punch - Frankenstein bolts in Sahara Sand
- Wings - 1 1/4" scallop circle. I trimmed them into a curved shape with my paper snips.
- 2" circle punch (now on sale!) for moon, sponged with Tangerine Tango ink
Other products - sponges, Black marker & White gel pen, paper snips, dimensionals & Motley Monsters woodgrain designer paper for the 2 1/4" main square.
I'll share my talented team's swaps in detail tomorrow so stop back in then!