My downline Candy made this adorable card, brought it to Convention to send to her boys back home as part of the Guiness Book of World Records challenge held there. Everyone who saw it got pretty excited since it is so realistic looking. The idea hit her just before she left for the plane so she made it in a big hurry. It's incredible isn't it!? She said I could share it on my blog for you all.
See how cute it is?!
She did use a retired punch for the head, the Keytag punch. It's an oblong punch with curved ends. A 1 1/4" or 1 3/8" circle punch would work here too; just trim the sides off straight, rounding to the top. She used another circle punch for the body, trimming it straight on the sides.
The Owl Builder punch was used on their overalls with a bit of trimming. The owl's ears are hiding under their black mask.
- Stamps - Hostess "Express Yourself"
- Cardstock - Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Whisper White, Black
- Ink - Pacific Point Classic Stampin' Pad and Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker (for hand drawn mouth and hair)
- Punches - Word Window, Owl Builder, "circle" from Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Keytag punch (retired), 1-1/4" circle, Modern Label
- Tools - Big Shot machine, Cloudy Day Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (retired), Sponge daubers
- Owl Builder Punch is the overalls, feet and hands and some of the circles on the eyes
- Keytag Punch (retired now; It's an oblong punch with curved ends). This was for the head. Another 1/4" circle punch would work, just trimming it so the edges are flat.
- Word Window - Is the arms, the black mask (I trimmed with snips)
- Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack "circle" - eyes the larger black circle
1-1/4" circle - 2 used for body and trimmed with snips
Remember today is the last day to take advantage of the buy 3 get 1 free Designer Series paper July special offer.