I knew my gals would love making this card but I totally underestimated how much they would love it!! We made it for this month's Card Clubs.
My creative friend Lorri Heiling made this for a swap last year. She truly is a gifted card maker. Check it out!
She has a video tutorial on her blog here. Thank you Lorri!!
I adjusted mine just a little bit from her measurements as it still didn't quite fit in an A2 envelope.
Here are my directions:
- Cut the base for the card at 4” X 10”. Score at 5”. Fold the card in half and make a mark ½” from the fold on both sides. Use a paper cutter to cut off from the mark to the upper corner of the card. This forms the cup shape.
- Run one side of this card through the Big Shot using the embossing folder of your choice.
- Add adhesive to just the outer edges of the Celery card to secure and close it up forming a pocket at the top. See photo below.
- Run the Crumb Cake rectangle through your crimper and lay it over the cup shaped card. Turn it over and cut off the excess Crumb Cake edges.
- Wrap the ribbon around this piece securing the ends in the back. Adhere to the Celery cup card.
- Ink the ‘just for you’ stamp with markers and stamp onto White scrap card stock. Punch out with the large oval punch. Adhere to the Celery scalloped oval punched piece.
- Ink the Four Frames stamp in Espresso ink and stamp onto a larger White scrap piece. Punch out with the Decorative Label punch. Add these together with dimensionals and then to the card, over the ribbon.
- To make the inside of the card: Make a mark ½” from the bottom edges of your Espresso rectangle. Cut off an angle from the mark to the top – on both sides.
adhesive along just the very top of this Espresso piece. Add the White 1” X 4 ¼” strip that has had
the corners rounded on top. These pieces
meet at the top edge. Finish up by
adding the narrow ¼” X 4 ¼” strip over the 1” white strip.
Add a gift card to the Espresso piece with double stick tape or glue dots. Slide inside the pocket.
Stamps – Pop Up Posies ‘Just for You’ stamp, Four Frames Card stock – Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso Ink – Early Espresso, markers Accessories – Elegant Lines or Perfect Polka dot embossing folders, crimper, Chocolate or Olive scalloped polka dot ribbons, dimensionals, Large oval, scallop oval & Decorative Oval punches, corner rounder punch
Measurements – Celery main card – 4 X 10”, Crumb Cake – 2” X 4”, Espresso inside piece 4 ½” X 3”, cut off an angle ½” from bottom to top, White strips for top – 1” X 4 ¼” & ¼” X 4 ¼”
*****If you like making fun cards like this one consider joining my Cyber Card Club. You'll get 2 pre-cut cards each month just for placing an order through me! My Club cards are always a bit 'over the top' with fun folds, techniques or just plain WOW. Just a $30 order each month gets you a cards kit and step-by-step pdf directions just like above along with photos too.
Try it for a month to see what you think. If you stay in for 6 month's you'll get a free stamp set from me too; your choice from many of my extras including exclusive hostess sets.
Contact me to join! email@example.com