I started working on Convention swaps over a month ago. Here is one of them:
I had to cut out tons of black 'top notes' for another project so I had a ton of these frames to use up.
I used my brayer to get the beautiful sunset background on the Whisper White card stock.
On one long side I brayered Pumpkin Pie ink and the other is Not Quite Navy.
Here are some of the tricks of brayering on smooth card stock.
- SU's Whisper White or Vanilla card stock works wonderfully for this!
- Have a clean piece of scrap or computer paper under work area and underneath your white card stock. Also be sure your surface is completely smooth. A padded surface helps.
- Ink up your brayer only a quarter of the way if you are covering just part of your card stock. This means that if you want to have two colors like I did above ink your brayer with just an inch of ink on one end.
- When inking your brayer, be sure to lift it up off of the ink pad with each roll then back onto the ink over and over until you have a smooth line of color on your brayer.
- Start brayering off of your white card stock. This means your first pass is on the plain computer paper and not on your white card stock.Slowly move the brayer onto the white card stock with each pass.
- You will never lift up your brayer. It has constant contact with the surface. If you lift it up you can get brayer marks.
- Slowly, by quarter inches, move your brayer up and deeper into your white card stock. Each pass adds a bit more color.
- You will run out of color and have to repeat the same ink color over and over again until you get the darkness you desire. I believe I inked my brayer about 5 times to get the darkness of each color.
I would post pictures here but my camera battery is dead and I cannot find the charger since the evacuation. Sorry!
The palm trees are from the stamp set 'Plant Hope' and the saying is from 'Sincere Salutations.' I did use a sponge and black ink to add a hill under the palm trees.
Remember today is the last day to order from the current Idea Book and Catalog. July 1st is when we can start ordering from the new one.
Watch for my In Color Bundle special on Friday for a fantastic deal. This is the first time I've offered this to my long distance customers. It's usually an Open House only special.