It's the 20th of the month again. That means it's time for another fabulous Control Freaks Blog Hop! Welcome!
This month's theme is Wedding, Flowers & Mother's Day.
You may have just arrived from Melanie's Pockets of Inspiration. She is one person who certainly thinks outside the box. Didn't you just love her fabulous bouquet? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What do you think of this one?? I started with a sketch idea & pulled out a piece of the wonderful Sweet Pea designer paper pack. When I saw the sheet of butterfly paper inspiration struck! Don't you love this color combo? Pumpkin, Taken with Teal & Chocolate.
Notice the 'Happy Mother's Day' sentiment? It's two-toned! My new down-line Denise taught us that trick on Saturday! Thanks for the clever idea Denise! I used my markers to draw horizontal lines over the rubber stamp, starting with Taken with Teal & finishing with the Chocolate Chip. Huff & stamp. (When coloring with markers onto a rubber stamp, always start with the lightest color so as not to stain it.)
The Butterflies are cut from part of the patterned paper. See them sparkle? That is our Fine Supernova glitter stack - Chocolate glitter!!! Two-way glue makes it stick.
- Stamps - All Holidays
- Ink - none but markers
- Card stock - Pumpkin Pie smooth & textured, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Sweet Pea dsp pack
- Accessories - Fine Supernova glitter stack, 2-way glue, dimensionals, Vanilla satin ribbon, slot punch, Pinking Hearts border punch, wide oval punch, paper piercing tool, mat pack
Even before they announced the theme of this month, I had decided to do a Wedding card for one of my card club projects in April. Here's what we made:
I loved this idea of using hearts as the Bride & Groom! I added a bit of extra texture & shine to ours for a very special wedding card.
The 'Groom' is punched using the Full Heart punch in both black & white card stock. Cut a 'V' out of the white heart & adhere it over the black one. Add a 'bow tie' from black grosgrain ribbon & a few 'buttons' with a black marker.
The 'Bride' is done by punching a heart from white card stock that has been textured with the Finial Press embossing folder. Add two pearls from the Pretties Kit. Add dimensionals to it & layer this piece over a Scalloped Heart embosslit from the Occasions mini. LOVE this embosslit - only available in April in the Occasions mini.
Here's a close-up of the texture & shine on this card. We inked the French Filigree background stamp in Versamark & embossed it with clear embossing powder.
- Stamps - Everything Nice, Teeny Tiny Wishes
- Ink - Basic Gray, Versamark, French Filigree background stamp
- Card stock - Whisper White, Basic Gray, Groom specialty
- Accessories - Scallop Heart embosslit, Full Heart punch, Eyelet border punch, Ticket corner punch, dimensionals, black marker, clear EP, Big Shot, Finial Press embossing folder, black gingham ribbon, mini glue dots, heat gun, wide satin white ribbon