I saw this on another blog & thought it was so cool! So I thought I would show you how to do it too.
Stamps - Best Yet - Level 1 hostess set
Card stock - Pretty in Pink, Olive, I Wish DSP, Whisper White, Olive prints
Ink - Chocolate Chip
Accessories - Pink taffeta ribbon, rhinestones, Top Note Sizzix die, My Way punch (for the tree trunk), sponge dauber, bone folder, large oval punch, dimensionals, the stars are from the I Wish Simply Scrappin' kit
Start out with patterned paper - it doesn't work well with card stock, it's just too thick for a nice fold.
You need 3-4 squares. I used 3", 2 1/2", 2" & 1 1/2" squares.
Here's how you do it:
3. With the square in the rectangle position, bring in the horizontal middle folds inside to meet.
4. It will look like a triangle now with 2 layers on each side.
Bring the top layered point across & to the center. Press the fold well.
5. Then bring the other point across to meet the first one & press.
6. Fold all the remaining square this way.
7. To complete your tree, start from the top & insert the tip of each folded piece into the bottom folds of the previous one.