Last month my Team held a swap where we each created a square for this awesome framed Sampler. We chose to use the Tasty Treats Specialty Designer Series Paper as our starting point; making sure we used only colors in the DSP package so the whole thing would coordinate well. Our theme was birthdays or summer time!
Each square is 2 1/4" at the largest and we made sure that square was in Watermelon Wonder CS.
I adhered my squares onto an 8" piece of White CS and then an 8 1/2" piece of Early Espresso. And under that is a piece of the Tasty Treats striped DSP at 8 3/4" square so just a hint of the stripes showed. The large 12" paper is also an entire sheet of the Tasty Treats DSP in Pool Party print. This Designer Paper is on the retiring list and is still in stock but won't last long; get it while you can!
Here are a few close-up photos of the squares we made:
From top left to bottom right:
- Karen used the Detailed Dragonfly thinlits to create that cute bee. The leaf is from the Flourish Thinlits. She also textured her DSP background with the Hexagon Dynamic folder.
- Mary made the present square from the Tasty Treats DSP adding the cute die-cut bows from the Balloon Pop-Up Thinlit dies. She also adhered a few confetti Sprinkles Embelishments with multipurpose liquid glue.
- Candace made the tie-dyed t-shirt from the Custom Tee bundle and the Tie Dyed stamp set. Love that banner across the shirt!
- Lindsey made the ice cream cone square using the Cool Treats Bundle that coordinates with this cute Designer Series Paper. She sponged the bottom of the cone to high-light the texture and added a bit of clear Wink of Stella for some glitz.
- I made the Hooray square using the Medium Star punch. It's a shaker square made with our Foam Adhesive Strips and Window Sheets. I stamped the background with stamps from the Birthday Bright set on page 13 of the Occasions catalog. The hooray image is also from this set; I love it and have used it a ton!
- Marilyn made the bottom right square also using the Cool Treats bundle. I love how she made the ice cream bars with the white edge. All she did was scooted the white die-cut over underneath the colored ice cream bar. And you may wonder where she got that banner greeting shape. Well, it's half of the Bow Builder punch!
From left to right:
- Candy made this cute ice cream cone using the Cool Treats bundle on page 33 of the Occasions catalog. She used the Sparkle embossing folder for the background and a Brights sequin on the 'chocolate topping'.
- Kathy made the cute hot air balloons square using the Lift Me Up Bundle on page 10 of the Occasions catalog. The balloons are heat embossing using White embossing powder. She also added little Dazzling Diamonds glimmer clouds!
- Annette made the cute sail boat using the Swirly Scribbles stamp set. She stamped on the back of the DSP pieces and used the stamps as a guide to fussy cut the shapes. The Pool Party CS is textured using the Seaside embossing folder.
Aren't they all fabulous!! Such talent on my Team; I am so proud of their creativity. I just love seeing what they all come up with when we do these samplers!